Friday, April 9, 2010

Weekend Weather/Drought Outlook/Income Tax Outcome

WEATHER
Fairly mild weather for most of the US this Saturday with the most common high being in the 70s. Cool spots will be the Rockies/northern plains and northeast with highs in the 40s and 50s. There could be a few storms over the Rockies, the Midwest, and deep south Texas.

Houston, if allergies aren't killing you, Saturday and Sunday will be quite pleasant with comfortable humidity levels, lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s. Next chance for rain is midweek...but it is not a big chance. Tree pollen allergan levels have been dropping but are still extremely heavy (most is oak pollen). So, take heart that the numbers are going down...should be getting better just about every day.

SPANISH WORD OF THE DAY
Let's do refund or reembolso, pronounced ray-ehm-BOWL-sew. Are you getting a reembolso on your tax return. To answer, check out my new poll.

We are being picked up by Wonderscape Entertainment. They are going to approach companies not exclusive through our other 2 distributors. Find out what the excitement is all about! Help your children learn to love languages. Order our award winning DVDs, Let's Learn Spanish with Frank & Paco. They are on the shelf (in the education section) at Barnes & Noble stores or you can order them from http://www.frankandpaco.com, http://www.amazon.com, http://www.bn.com, http://www.bestbuy.com, or http://www.ebay.com/. Our ESL (English as a Second Language) version can be found at http://www.frankypaco.com

AND MORE
I had some equipment issues this last week and also visiting family and of course, Easter activities. Sorry, I've been so long getting this post out. Hoping to get back to a more regular schedule now.

My poll on favorite Easter activity is closed. 50% said their favorite activity is the Easter service. 33% said they liked eating a special Easter meal the most. 16% said their favorite thing was eating Easter eggs (btw, we are still eating our Easter eggs--good thing Gordy likes egg salad....mmmmmmm). 0% said their favorite was ending Lenten efforts, egg hunts, eating candy, or wearing special Easter clothes. Only one answer was allowed. Thanks to all who participated.

My new poll is about income taxes again. Are you getting a refund, paying, or breaking even? Only one answer is allowed. Thanks in advance for participating.

Well, I have enjoyed the end of my Lenten resolution to not eat chocolate. I picked this for the 2nd year in a row because I can discuss it with my young CCE students and they really get what a sacrifice that would be. Well, I am now back to my normal chocolate consumption. Someone just told me that it looks like I have lost weight. Maybe I should give up chocolate all the time. Ha! Fat chance!!!

On Easter Sunday, we headed to my niece Courtney's place in the country outside College Station. Courtney and her husband of less than a year were gracious hosts to a hoard of little ones. The Easter bunny had a bunch of older helpers. Yes I say older because the older grandkids did the hiding and they are now all young adults. Looking at my siblings who were there, I realized that the last 20 or so years have really flown by!!! That's why I enjoyed the following article from Leslie Williams. It is about Sugar Mill Elementary's plans to auction off items from a 25 year old time capsule, unearthed at their school. Some of the items inside include a President Reagan election remembrance and other things from that era. There are some recordings on cassette tapes, which they are planning to dub to a more permanent device. Thanks Leslie for the trip down memory lane.
http://www.ultimatefortbend.com/2010/04/wow-has-it-been-25-years-already

I posted the new drought figures...first one shows the drought status and notice that most of the drought areas are out west with only 2 little spots in Texas. There aren't very many areas with severe drought. The 2nd figure is the outlook through June and most locations should hold steady or see an improvement.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Cecilia Sinclair
Wonder Weather Woman

No comments: