Friday, November 27, 2009

Weekend Weather Wrapup/Holiday Shopping Progress

HURRICANES AND WEATHER
Tropical Atlantic and Pacific are quiet.

A few travel trouble spots on Saturday...some scattered thunderstorms for coastal southern California and parts of New Mexico and Arizona. Temperature wise, we're looking at 40s and a few 30s (extreme north and higher elevations) for the northwest, Rockies, Great Lakes, northeast and northern plains. Elsewhere highs will be in the 50s to 70s.

On Sunday, there will be some thunderstorms and rain from Texas all the way into the Great Lakes. There might even be some rain/snow mix around the Great Lakes. From the Great Lakes west and south in the desert southwest, highs will generally be in the 30s and 40s. The southeast and coastal California will be in the 50s, 60s and 70s.

Houston will be cool early Saturday with increasing humity and some clouds...highs in low 70s. Sunday will be milder with lows in the 60s and highs in the mid to upper 70s and thunderstorms possible later in the day. Look for it to be cool Monday through Wednesday with some rain Monday and Tuesday as a closed low over the southwest US lifts northeastward and produces rain.

SPANISH WORD OF THE DAY
Let's do championship or campeonato, pronounced cahmp-pay-oh-NAH-toe. My Aggies didn't win, but I know someone who just won a state campeonato. See the AND MORE section for details.

Judging by the results of our poll on shopping progress at this point, many of you have a long way to go. Let me make your life easier. Your friends and family will thank you win you get them the Volumes 1 and/or 2 DVDs of Let's Learn Spanish with Frank & Paco. By the way, big news!!! Megan found one of our DVDs on the shelf of Barnes and Noble store on the west side. You can also order these educational and entertaining DVDS through http://www.frankandpaco.com/, http://www.amazon.com/, http://www.ebay.com/, http://www.barnesandnoble.com/, and http://www.bestbuy.com/.

AND MORE
And this one comes to you from the department of "I threw my brain out the window"...driving westbound on Highway 290 (outside Houston) on Thursday afternoon, I become concerned and perplexed as the traffic almost comes to a halt. I decide to get to into the left lane which is moving a bit and I can't help but notice all the Aggie stickers and flags etc. on the cars. And I think, well this is the way you go if you are heading to A & M. But then I start noticing Longhorn stickers etc. and then I realize just where I am...very close to the turnoff to Highway 6 and what is happening in College Station in just a couple hours--why the big Aggie/Longhorn game. And I did get to watch it, once I got to my sister's in Austin. Sorry about how it turned out Aggies. After staying the night and visiting with family all day, Sarah and I headed back home..arriving just a little while ago.

Speaking of football on a more happy note...Congratulations to the St. Albert's football team of Council Bluffs, IA for winning the state football championship. Don't even ask me what division. I have no idea. But, I do know they have a great team, made even better because my nephew Nick is on the team.

Well, did you go shopping today? As I write this post, only a little time left to answer the poll about how much shopping you completed by 10 pm today.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone and safe travel home!
Cecilia Sinclair
Wonder Weather Woman

No comments: