Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tropical Storm Grace/Not Feeling Like October/Respect Life

HURRICANES AND WEATHER
Tropical Storm Grace formed this evening in the northeastern Atlantic. Already a vigorous system when it attained tropical characteristics, it made its debut as a tropical storm with 65 mph winds. Forecast is for it to move north-northeast and weaken. There is also a disturbed area with less than a 30% chance for developing in the central Atlantic.

All is quiet in the tropical Pacific.

Brrrr!!! It is going to be a chilly Monday with some parts of the northern Rockies getting snow and with highs only in the 30s. Highs will be in the 40s across the northern plains. There are numerous winter weather advisories and warnings across the Rockies. Warm and sultry for the southeast and southern plains with highs in the 80s and 90s. Very pleasant elsewhere with highs in the 50s to 70s.

In the Houston area, sitting in church today, heard the rumbling of thunder as the cold front backed up and over us as a warm front. Had some more decent rainfalls. Now, it is warm and muggy again and brace yourselves, it is going to get even more humid and this should last all week. Some rain is possible each day but the next fireworks arrive Friday as the next front moves in. Then upper system shifts so that we have a northwest flow aloft on Sunday and that means some dry, pleasant weather a week from Monday. But, be ready to sweat this week.

SPANISH WORD OF THE DAY
Let's do wet or mojado, pronounced mow-HA-doe. It sure was mojado early today.

Volume 2 is in the house, literally! Our web site is being updated so that it can be purchased there. I will let you know when that is. I have uploaded it to Amazon and it should start showing up in about a week. I will monitor and let you know about that. And I will be getting it out to our vendors. In the meantime, you can order our award winning Volume 1 DVD, Let's Learn Spanish with Frank & Paco from www.frankandpaco.com/. I will also be getting Volume 2 to the following vendors who sell Volume 1-- http://www.venturaes.com/, http://www.dololanguages.com/, http://www.carlexonline.com,www.thecuriousmindstore.com/, http://www.amazon.com/, http://www.bestbuy.com/, and http://www.barnesandnoble.com/. For our English as a Second Language (ESL) version, go to http://www.frankypaco.com/.

AND MORE
Every year around this time...October 2nd to be exact I would remember the birthday of my old buddy Robert Smith. This was the man who helped me get started as an on air TV meteorologist. He changed the course of my life--helping me fulfill a lifelong career dream in a place where I met my life partner--Gordy. A year ago in April, Robert was working his property, putting in some plumbing lines using a backhoe. His son asked him to wait a week as his wife had just had a baby, and he wanted to help him do it safely. But Robert was determined to get the work done. There was an accident and the backhoe fell on him. Tragically, as a result of his internal injuries, he died. This man not only helped me...he helped dozens of people launch their careers and follow their dreams. He was so full of life. Robert would have turned 61 this year. My prayers are with his family, including 6 surviving children and a loving wife.

Today was Respect Life Sunday. I have said this before and I will say it again...I do not agree with abortion. I believe that life begins at conception and that every life is sacred. When I look at Sarah and think that if people were doing prenatal genetic testing for her syndrome, some people would choose to abort. I tell you I can not imagine my life without her. Her zest for life is extraordinary and she is one of the most amazing, funny and loving people I have ever known. Certainly, my life would not be the same without her and yet there are people on this earth who would choose never to have someone like her. Yes. We have had to endure hardships. Yes. It has been unbearably difficult at times. And Yes. It has been a life of joy beyond comprehension.

Don't forget to hug the ones you love.
Cecilia Sinclair
Wonder Weather Woman

No comments: