Friday, April 17, 2009

Severe Weather Update

Line of Severe Storm is producing damaging winds in central Texas. New Severe Storm Watch has been issued in central Texas and I would imagine that later this morning a watch will be issued to include southeast Texas and the Houston area. I think the storms will arrive in the Houston area by early afternoon...timing will be a bit tricky with school letting out but I think the worst will be over by 3 pm. Keeping my fingers crossed. Greatest threat is damaging winds and large hail. A few tornadoes are possible.

Saturday (attention MS 150 riders), looks like there will be more storms. You should encounter these by late morning to early afternoon as you head west. Biggest threat is high wind...a few tornadoes and some hail are also possible. Timing for Houston would be afternoon.

I will update later today.
Cecilia Sinclair
Wonder Weather Woman

No comments: