Friday, October 10, 2008

Norbert and Odile/Celebrity Weather Personality Return

HURRICANES AND WEATHER
Norbert is a stronger hurricane this evening...back to a Category 2 and will hit the Baja California peninsula Saturday morning and the Mexican mainland very late Saturday. It will be weaker by the time it hits the mainland...a weak hurricane or down to a tropical storm. Odile has a chance to become a hurricane as it moves parallel to the Mexican coast...a small jog to the right and it will make landfall.

Back to balmy here and that will be the case this weekend. Lows will be in the 60s and highs will be in the 80s. Look for showers and thunderstorms as early as Tuesday but more likely Wednesday as the next "cold" front arrives. It will actually stay warm at least through the week.

SPANISH WORD FOR THE DAY

This is my Mom's brief way to remember the rules for accenting syllables: If the word ends in a vowel, the syllable before the last is accented. If it ends in a consonant other than s or n, the last syllable is accented. If the word does not follow these rules, it will bear a tilde to show you where to put the accent.

Now, I compared this to Adriana's and let me make two changes:
If the word ends in a vowel, s or n, the syllable before the last syllable is accented. If it ends in a letter other than s or n or a vowel, the last syllable is accented. If the word does not follow these rules, it will bear a tilde to show you where to put the accent.

I like my revised version. Don't you?!

So since this weekend's weather will be so balmy, I am choosing the adjective tropical or tropical, pronounce troh-pee-CAHL. This tropical weather reminds me of where I grew up, the Rio Grande Valley.

It's beginning to NOT feel a lot like Christmas (unless you are from Australia or the Rio Grande Valley). Seriously, one year it was 94 degrees in Harlingen on my sister Barb's birthday on December 22nd. Really!!! So, warm weather like this weekend's actually reminds me of my youth. But I digress. Our award winning DVD for children is the perfect gift! It is entertaining and educational. You can purchase Let's Learn Spanish with Frank & Paco, Volume 1, a Dr. Toy Top 10 Educational Product of 2008 at http://www.frankandpaco.com/, Ventura's Educational Supply, Dolo Publications, Carlex Inc., The Curious Mind Store, amazon.com, bestbuy.com, and barnesandnoble.com.

AND MORE
Okay...my mystery celebrity asked me to wait just a little longer to make the big announcement. But I will give you one clue...it will happen Saturday night!!! (as in tomorrow). Stay tuned!!!

I am getting super excited about the upcoming Groundhog Day Gala benefitting the educational programs provided by the Weather Museum/Weather Research Center. Now, seriously, you can tell people--oh yeah, I have plans for Groundhog Day. You betcha I do!!! I'm going to the gala. You know, the Groundhog Day Gala. Anybody who's anybody will be there!!!

Seriously, there will be these meet the animal sessions and celebrity guests and important people honored. Of course, I'll have more details soon! Your's truly will be there. That's enough...isn't it?!!!

If you would like to be one of those in people, contact me at cecilia_sinclair@yahoo.com or go to http://www.wxresearch.com/.

Have a terrific weekend!
Cecilia Sinclair
Wonder Weather Woman

No comments: